Friday, January 18, 2013

SOOOO NOT Clean Single-Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie [Recipe]

Welp, I have a wonderful little recipe for you that my friends at Pinterest have been shoving down my throat every single time I go on there these days. It's from Love From the Oven and its a Single Serving Deep Dish Cookie (a la mode)...no, not clean in any sense of the word BUT I rationalize sharing it with you like this: Doing some quick research (read: goole search) I came across the Nestle Tollhouse Cookie Recipe which makes 5 dozen cookies (that's 60 cookies, people) at 110 calories apiece. Have you ever made homemade cookies and actually gotten 60 cookies? I MIGHT get 3 dozen if I'm lucky, so realistically for me, each cookie is about 140 calories. Now, have you ever had just one? Riiiiiiight. If I'm making 3 dozen cookies, I'm eating at least a dozen by myself. Maybe not all in one sitting, but if they are on my counter, they are getting eaten. My willpower is not that strong. That's 1680 calories of cookies!!! And that doesn't even count if I want to dress the cookies up with ice cream and chocolate syrup!

So anyway, my point is, why torture yourself like that when you can make a single serving cookie with a little bit of ice cream in a mug in your microwave in under 5 minutes from start to finish for about 400 calories and then walk away feeling okay about not having consumed 1680 calories of cookies. No, this recipe is not clean in any way...it uses refined sugar and white flour, but cravings can't constantly be denied or a) you will eventually give in to them and feel really bad about yourself, b) you will want whatever you were craving even more once you do have it because you denied yourself for so long, c) you will overeat whatever you were craving because you denied yourself for so long, and/or d) instead of just giving in to the one craving, you might say "FUCK it!" and call the entire day a wash and eat a whole bunch of other shitty stuff which you don't need to do or want to do!!!

So, I was craving chocolate in a bad way for many days and this is what Pinterest presented me with. I fought hard to not make it for a few days, but I knew that if I kept denying myself then any of options A-D would rear their ugly head and I didn't want that. (side note: I was complimented on my physique by someone else today!) I've worked hard and people are starting to notice, so I didn't want to fuck it all up.

So anyway, here is the recipe as made by me:

Ingredients

  • 1.5T butter/margarine (I use County Crock Plus Vitamin D because that's what's in my fridge)
  • 1/2T light brown sugar
  • 1T Truvia Baking Blend
  • 1/8t vanilla extract
  • 1/4C flour (I used regular because I ran out of oat flour and didn't feel like grinding more...lazy)
  • 1/8t baking powder
  • dash of salt
  • 1T chocolate chips or other mix-ins of choice (I added pecans as well)
Directions
  1. In the mug or in a small bowl, melt butter.
  2. Add sugars and vanilla and stir until thoroughly combined.
  3. Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix until you get a dough-like consistency.
  4. Add your mix-ins, place in mug, flatten out a little bit and microwave for :40s to 1:20s depending  on your microwave. If you want it gooey in the middle do about :45s.
  5. Top with ice cream and serve while hot!
  6. DON'T FEEL GUILTY!
Nutrition Breakdown:
This makes one perfectly individualized serving. With just chocolate chips as a mix-in and 1/2 cup of Edy's No Sugar Added Slow Churned Vanilla Ice Cream, here's what the nutrition looks like...

Calories: 400
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated: 7g
Polunsaturated: 4g
Monounsaturated: 2g
Cholesterol: 10mg
Sodium: 286mg
Potassium: 40mg
Total Carbs: 65g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Sugars: 23g
Protein: 7g
Vitamin A: 21%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: 21%
Iron: 6%

I really like this dessert. It's rich and filling and because its just one serving I don't have to worry about overeating a dozen cookies. I can make it whenever a chocolate craving strikes (which is fewer and farther between these days) because its quick and easy, and because it's only 400 calories I honestly don't feel bad. Plus, you can sub oat flour, stevia, maple syrup, pecans etc. to make it clean! Play around with it and let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment