Having a great few days! Back on the school grind! I spent my weekend cleaning and cooking and doing schoolwork, but I also got to spend some time sleeping and of course, Bubs and I had a wonderful day on Saturday. She got to meet one of my classmates' children and they played and played for hours at the farmer's market. And then she passed out in 2.5 seconds. Gloriousness! :)
I managed to get a good long interval workout in on Sunday morning. I was soooooo sore from Bikram on Friday and I needed to move my body. So I went for a 5 mile walk/jog interval. I felt so great afterward. And today in between classes, I went for a quick 3 mile walk/RUN interval. That's right, RUN. And I mean bookin' it. I power walked a song, and then RAN the next as fast as I could. I think I was going to PR but at about 10 minutes from the end of my run my iPhone app decided it no longer wanted to track me and turned off. I was pissed! I was screaming at my phone while running. People driving by probably thought I was nuts (which I am, I guess). So I was mad, but there is always tomorrow.
I've been eating well, but craving some badness the past few days. I really wanted chocolate today and I found a recipe for almond butter brownies, but they came out terrible, so I'm not even going to post. They were so bitter, no hint of sweetness at all. Ick. So, I'm still chocolate-less. I have a recipe for a cocoa-coconut custard with all clean ingredients, but it has SOOOO many calories in it that I just don't think it's worth it even if it does combine my two favorite things.
Nope, instead I've been enjoying pumpkin protein pancakes, apple pork loin, sweet potatoes, salad, hardboiled eggs and strawberries for the past few days. Though, Saturday night Hubs and I shared a buffalo steak that I got at the farmer's market which was phenomenal--I topped it with goat cheese and serve it with garlic and mushroom sauteed spinach. The spinach was meh, but everything else was great. I'm still working on clean recipes. It's hard. I love spinach but its bland for the most part and I have yet to come across many recipes that make it less so. I found some good recipes for various things that I'll be trying out next week so stay tuned!
Also, I weighed 181.8 today. Not too bad! :)
Heading to bed, I'm exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment