Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chickpea Avocado Puree [Recipe]

I made this awesomeness today after my run. It's nothing special, but I was starving and I had the ingredients on hand, and I figured I'd post it to give others a jumping off point. It's another one of those fully customizable recipes so feel free to change it up as much as it suits your needs!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup chickpeas (drained and rinsed, you can leave their skins on)
  • 1 avocado
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • something to serve with or on
  • Salt and pepper to taste (I only add pepper)
Directions
  1. Put all ingredients into the food processor and puree.
  2. Serve it any way you want (with chips, veggies, etc.) I served it on one leaf of swiss chard, cut in half, and topped with red onions and tomatoes. I rolled each leaf up so it was like a wrap. Yummmmm!
This recipe makes 1 serving of about 1.5 cups.

Calories: 521
Total Fat: 28g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
Monounsaturated Fat: 18g
Sodium: 146mg (I used Goya low sodium chickpeas because I had them stored in my pantry for months. I am looking to switch to a sodium-less brand in order to remain completely "clean")
Potassium: 930mg
Total Carbs: 63g
Dietary Fiber: 26g
Protein: 12g
Vitamin C: 36%
Calcium: 12%
Iron: 24%

There you have it, a nice healthy snack!


No comments:

Post a Comment