I fell off my clean eating wagon on Tuesday...and against last night. Tuesday wasn't so bad--I ate pumpkin pancakes and salad for breakfast and lunch, respectively. But then I did a 4-mile treadmill interval workout AND played basketball with my classmates and I guess I didn't time my eating well because I felt so sick afterward from not eating anything that I couldn't even move. So I took a shower and a nap to feel better and when I woke up I still wasn't feeling well, so Hubs made me a grilled cheese sandwich (!) and a bowl of Campbell's Chunky Savory Vegetable soup (!!). I was still within my calorie limits, but neither of those were clean in any way. Sigh.
Yesterday, I ate clean all day, no problems, but then that STUPID chocolate craving came back. I decided I would try a little concoction I found on Pinterest. It's 3T oat flour, 1.5T butter, 2T brown sugar, a splash of vanilla, and 1T chocolate chips. It's supposed to taste like chocolate chip cookie dough and it's single serve so I didn't think it would be too bad. WRONG. First, the taste was a bit off because there was too much brown sugar. If I ever make it again I will only use 1T. Second, I put it into my calorie counter and it weighs in at a whopping 316 calories. Umm no. No acceptable. I was within my calorie limits until I ate that and it pushed me WAAAYYYY over. So, probably never again. Plus, its not clean...chocolate chips, refined sugar, butter...you know.
So today, I'm staying on the clean eating wagon ALLL DAY! I had pumpkin pancakes and a banana for breakfast and just downed a salad with pork loin and homemade balsamic dressing (super easy: mustard, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar....put as much as you want of each ingredient...I use 1/2t garlic, 2T balsamic, 1T mustard...and mix it all up. It is very vinegar-y but I LOVE IT and its really low on calories at about 35 per serving. not too shabby!). For dinner I plan on making a Kielbasa and Kraut Skillet. One of my absolute favorite recipes! I'll let you know how it goes with all clean ingredients. If it is worthy, I shall post it in my recipe collection! :)
As far as weight and whatnot are concerned: I weighed in at 181.4 today, but was at 180.6 yesterday. Meh. No big changes, but I don't expect much day-to-day. I weigh myself everyday, but I only really compare my weights on Saturdays. The 170s are so so close.
Exercising has been great as well! Yesterday I went to Bikram with my classmate. The instructor was new though and the room wasn't as hot as I was accustomed to, so I didn't feel like the class was as difficult as usual. I'm still sore and I feel like I worked hard, don't get me wrong, but new teachers have a hard time controlling the environment in the room so I prefer specific people. The teacher I thought was supposed to run the class ended up switching at the last minute. Oh well. I still got it in. :) And today I'm hoping to go to the gym with a different classmate after our afternoon class. The weather here has been pretty DISMAL all week (and apparently we are supposed to get a snow storm this evening) so all I want to do is curl up in my comfy bed and go to sleep, but I need to keep working out and have a couple of things to study for before my three-day weekend! MUST KEEP MOTIVATED!!!!! One of my classmates told me today that I have been looking skinny recently! People are noticing! Gotta keep going!!!
170s here I come! I saw you briefly last summer, but I am going to make you my permanent friend here in a minute (but only for about a month!) haha! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment