All that being said, I did come across (on Pinterest, of course) a clean eating recipe for curry. It's not perfect but it was spicy and savory and good enough for me even without the naan and basmati!
I adapted the recipe from Kitchen Demure and the pic that actually looks decent is courtesy of her! The other one is mine, taken straight from the iPhone. Photography is not my thing. Deal with it.
Quick Chickpea Curry
Ingredients:
- 1 cup chickpeas (I used Goya low sodium--currently looking for a sodium-less version)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tablespoons tomato pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 couple of handfuls of baby spinach (I used spinach/arugula mix because that's what I had on hand)
- salt and pepper to taste (I only used pepper)
Directions
- Heat medium pan to med/high and add oil and onions, sauté until slightly tender.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir (you may want to add just a tablespoon or two of water at this point if you are using the ground ginger otherwise it will burn to the pan).
- Add garam masala and stir until just combined.
- Add chickpeas and water, stir and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add your baby spinach and let wilt.
- Serve as is or over rice with naan (I'm jealous of you for even thinking about doing that without me). I ate it as is.
Makes one serving (about 1.5 cups).
Calories: 438
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated: 2g
Polyunsaturated: 2g
Monounsaturated: 2g
Sodium: 287mg
Potassium: 162mg
Total Carbs: 64g
Dietary Fiber: 17g
Sugars: 7g
Protein: 15g
Vitamin A: 54%
Vitamin C: 23%
Calcium: 13%
Iron: 29%
YUMMMMMYYYYY

No comments:
Post a Comment