This has been seriously the longest week of my life. I have no idea why, but it just draaaaggggged on foreevvvvverrrrr. I had at least one readiness assessment (quiz) per day this week and endless amounts of reading and online lectures to watch in every class. And guess what?! I have the same shit again next week. Yay PT school! At least this semester the things I am learning are things I actually care about. Last semester my classes consisted of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, health promotion, and professional development. Boooooring. I felt like a biology major, not a PT student. But THIS semester I am taking PT interventions and examinations, communication (for patient interviews), movement science (focusing on gait analysis), physiology (part 2...blahhh) and neuroanatomy/neurology (the field I am most interested in). Plus I've got a week of clinical internship in there as well. SO. MUCH. BETTER. Not work-wise, there is a ton of shit to do every single day but I'm at least interested in all of it so the 4 hours I spend studying per night doesn't actually feel like 4 hours, plus I can actually feel my brain swelling with pertinent knowledge. No joke.
And I found out some wonderful news today, my little sister had an interview to be a PT tech at a clinic in her town in VA. I'm so excited for her. She has a master's in physiology but has been working as a secretary basically in a chiropractic clinic (cringe) for the past year. She hates it and has spent the last few months soul searching and trying to figure out what she wants to do with herself. She can't decide between veterinary medicine or physical therapy, but she had the interview today and said it went well and then she went home and apparently searched PT schools online because she has been texting me nonstop to tell me all about the info she is finding out (apparently there is a school working on getting their PT accreditation about 30 minutes from her house). So I'm very excited for her. How weird would it be to have two PTs in the family? My only concern for her is that she struggled with the volume of work and the concepts while working toward her master's degree, and PT school isn't a walk in the park. I practically died my first semester, so I wonder how she will manage. I guess there is a long time for her to figure that one out though, haha. She has to get the tech job first and see if she even likes working in the PT setting, which she might not. Plus she really loves animals and has been waiting to hear back about working as a vet assistant for almost a month now and they've basically been blowing her off. I don't know! I'm sure everything will work out in the end! :)
Okay, back to me and non-PT related things. Be proud, people....I exercised every single day this week! I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!:
Monday - Run/Walk interval between classes (3.12 miles/39 min)
Tuesday - 200x7 "sprints" (it was more like, sprint the first 2 and try really hard to make it seem like you are not dying/practically walking on the last 5) (3.21 miles/42 min) +I did some arms/abs for about 10 minutes afterward
Wednesday - Power walk (3.12 miles/50 min)
Thursday - Run/Walk with a classmate. We walked .35 miles to the trail, then ran for 1.67 miles straight and then walked 1.67 miles and then walked the .35 miles back. It was 4.07 miles in 56 min. (I know the mileage doesn't add up 100% but its close enough)
Today (Friday) - Bikram!!!! IT'S BAAAAACK!!!! I want to keep going to bikram at least once a week. And I have two classmates who joined me today and really enjoyed it so we are thinking about making it a thing! I'll keep you posted! :)
So I am super proud of myself about my week! But I am definitely exhausted and need a break!
As far as calories for the week are concerned, I ate damn well. I ate the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner pretty much every day:
B: breakfast cookie
L: crock pot chicken tacos and an avocado
D: paleo tikka masala with saffron "rice"
I had a few variations here and there but that was the gist of it. And I stayed under my calories goal basically every single day!
So it was a great week! I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow and report back! Also I'm trying some new recipes out next week that I'll be posting.
Until then! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment