Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back to Business

WELP! School started yesterday! And it is already in full swing....it's like I never left. Wait. I did leave? Really? When? I feel like I just started my break and then it was over. Granted, since I did fail that first anatomy exam I had to retake it 5 days after pretty much all the rest of my class had already started their break. So I got 2.5 weeks off. I know, that's nothing to sneeze at considering in the "real world" you don't actually get any winter breaks. yea, yea...I get it. But it was a nice to weeks nonetheless. I worked which was amazing, because I definitely miss working with actual patients sooooo much. You would think that there would be more patient interaction in PT school, but no, you pretty much work on each other 90% of the time. Anyway, I digress....

So, school has gone well the past two days. I've already got a study system down that incorporates both my computer and long-hand note taking which is so far working out well. I have my first quiz in Movement Science II bright and early tomorrow morning on "Normal Gait" and then I plan on spending the rest of my day at the outlet mall shopping for new school clothes. Assuming I don't need a nap by 12. I have spent the past two nights up until 1 am doing homework or cleaning. Hopefully I will get to bed at a decent hour tonight. I still have a few things to review.

Anyway, the stuff you really care about (no one reads this, but I guess I should sort of stick to the topic anyway):

Yesterday and today both went really well, food-wise and exercise-wise!

Wednesday:
B: 2 protein pancakes with strawberries and blackberries and real maple syrup
L: Mushroom/Onion Turkey burger with balsamic vinegar, mustard, red onion, tomato, spinach/arugula mix and pickles, served with baby carrots
D: 10oz salmon filet (in the frying pan with just a tiny bit of EVOO, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper), spaghetti squash and puttanesca sauce
Sn: Banana
Tidbits: I will admit that I DID have a few bites of Bubs' mac 'n cheese, BECAUSE, I stopped by Kraft because of all of the crazy chemical names in the ingredients and bought Annie's instead and I wanted to see how it stacked up (it's good). Also, that peanut butter tree was still on my counter as of last night so I gave it to Bubs for dessert but not before I took a (smallish) bite out of it...what?! I had to make sure it wasn't rotten--God knows I've never let a Reese's last that long so I'm not sure how long they keep. ;)

Anyway, so totals:
Goal: 1250
Consumed: 1682
Exercise: 312 (I ran/walked about 2.68 miles around my neighborhood yesterday)
Net: 1370

Not too shabby!

Today:
B: 2 protein pancakes, strawberries (my blackberries were moldy after only 4 days...I'm mad), and real maple syrup
L: Chickpea and avocado puree with tomato and red onion wrapped in swiss chard
D: Chickpea curry
MSn: 1 banana
ASn: 1 protein pancake with almond butter and half a banana
Tidbits: I had 2 bites of Bubs' leftover mac 'n cheese to check if it was too hot (seriously!). I had one bite of Hubs' garlic bread that he had with his dinner. Is swear that was all today! Be proud, people!

Totals:
Goal: 1250
Consumed: 1733
Exercise: 393 (I ran/walked for 4 miles near my campus)
Net:  1340


So, I'm doing well! Added a few new recipes today (nothing too crazy) so check them out!

'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment