I am so excited to be starting this New Year off right! I didn't drink last night. We stayed in, actually. Did a little bit of shopping during the day, made dinner, watched a movie, watched the ball drop, went to bed. It was glorious!
And today we are doing our New Year's serious house clean and getting ready for school to start all over again tomorrow for both myself and Bubs.
I did want to take a second to reflect on all of the great things that happened to me this past year, whether they be triumphs of struggles, they were all worth it. I...
- started PT school
- passed my first semester of PT school
- lost 26lbs and learned how to eat right and exercise again
- started to really love me for me for the first time in a long time
- got closer to my husband
- watched my baby grow into her personality just a bit more
- made a huge move to a new state away from my family and friends
- made new friends (who are wonderful by the way)
- started to organize my life a little bit
That's at least some of them. And I listed some of my "resolutions" for 2013 in my last post. But let's recap:
- Get down to 150-160lbs (AND STAY THERE)
- Pass my second semester of PT school (with flying colors)
- Be more organized and on top of things this semester
- Don't let my stress over school derail my eating and exercising like it did last semester
The best part about my eating and exercising, is that I have a goal date this time! My mom (who is the most amazing person ever) is taking me, Hubs, Bubs, my sister and her boyfriend to Cabo in June during my break from classes. CRAZY, RIGHT?!?!? And the best part is that my super awesome Grandpa and his wife, Pam (also super awesome) are joining us! It is going to be the best vacation of my life. I am so unbelievably excited. And, I really want to be able to wear a bathing suit (bikini or otherwise) and feel confident in doing so. Actually, I want to be able to wear anything on this vacation and feel confident and not uncomfortable in any way. So! Here's to June 7th! Time to REALLY get my ass in gear. No excuses, play like a champion. Right?
Here's how I did yesterday:
B: 2 protein pancakes (I made them with greek yogurt this time because I looked at the labels on the cottage cheeses at Walmart and they are most definitely NOT clean), with blackberries/strawberries and two tablespoons of real maple syrup
L: Mushroom/Onion Turkey burger topped with coarse ground mustard, tomatoes, red onion, arugula and spinach mix and 1/2 of an avocado; baby carrots
Sn: Bubs and I shared an unsalted, butter-free pretzel when we were shopping at Target
D: spaghetti squash, puttanesca, and grilled haddock
Ds: Hubs and I split the last of the pecan pie from Christmas
Totals: About 2000 calories give or take because I didn't measure the olive oil I mixed in with the spaghetti squash or cooked the haddock with. Shrug.
Anyway, I was satisfied all day for the most part. Except for when I was ravenous at Target and Bubs really wanted a snack. We had just one stop left and were going to be home within an hour but I couldn't deny the baby a snack considering she didn't want lunch and was going on like 4 hours of nothing. But when I got her that pretzel, OMG it smelled and looked so delicious I just had to have some. So I caved. I ate about 1/3 of it. And the pecan pie, well its been staring me in the face for the past several days and I just wanted it to go away before New Year's Day so I didn't ruin my "resolutions". So we ate it and its gone and I don't have to worry about it again until Thanksgiving. Thank God. Now the only thing left to stare me in the face is the Reese's Peanut Butter Christmas Tree sitting on my counter. But I'm giving it to Bubs for dessert tonight so I will no longer have to worry about THAT either. Frankly, I'm surprised it has lasted the 4 days it HAS been staring me in the face anyway. Will power. I'm working on it.
But I stepped on the scale today and its said 187.8lbs. I'm down 5.2lbs since Saturday. Probably water weight, or just me eating a little bit healthier and in moderation over the past few days so my body is just getting itself back down to equilibrium. I no longer feel as bloated as I did last week, so things are going well so far. I just need to make sure I eat every 4 hours so I don't start to get ravenous and eat a whole bunch of shit I don't need to.
Alright, well that's all for updates. Here's to a happy and HEALTHY (and maybe a little bit sexy) 2013!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment