Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Biggest Loser Protein Pancakes [Recipe]


I've always been a HUGE pancake fan! I love IHOP's pancakes (especially the pumpkin ones), but they are most definitely NOT diet friendly. Until now, that is! I found this recipe on The Biggest Loser Recipes website here and I plan on eating them everyday forever. They are customizable which is a huge plus!

So here it is...

Ingredients:
  • 6 egg whites
  • 1 cup rolled oats, dry (can be 1-minute oats)
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 2 teaspoons sugar (I used 1 Stevia in the Raw packet)
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I used 1 Tablespoon)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla (I used 1 Tablespoon)
Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients in a blender until well blended. It should be the consistency of pancake batter.
  2. Heat skillet to medium-high heat and pour 1/4 cup of mix in pan. Cook until bubbly and flip, letting them brown evenly.
I always top them with strawberries and lite syrup, but you can add chocolate chips, blueberries, anything. Also, instead of cottage cheese you can sub greek yogurt, or split it halfway with some pumpkin puree and add some pumpkin pie spice for a good fall treat! Even add your favorite protein powder to the mix! Like I said, this recipe is sooooo customizable!

Update 12/31/12:

I am making these currently, and I just wanted to add that YES, you do have to grease the pan. I'm using pure coconut oil. Also, if you choose to use greek yogurt, the batter will be very runny so you my need to use more oats. I added about 1/2 cup more oats this time to thicken it up!

Also, some more fun ways to eat these: almond butter and banana slices, honey and banana slices, strawberry cream cheese and strawberry preserves...the possibilities are endless!!! :)

Just some suggestions! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment